Wednesday, March 28, 2012

She who bargain hunts wins and birthday bambina

Apologies from camp "one denim bird" life just gets away on me at times and making time to update my blog seems to be getting harder and harder!!!
Since finishing that dress I have been secretly preparing for Miss Nikita's 4th birthday.  She took a liking to her besties Baby Born doll, who was allowed to come have a sleep over for 5 nights, so I decided to get one for her for her birthday, only to discover they are a whopping $60-70.  WTF??
Being the bargain hunting girl that I am I purchased a preloved one on ebay for a mere $20 and then got down and dirty and crafted said doll a few outfits!

Voila'
a seersucker jumpsuit
a lil pair of PJ's
a seersucker dress
another vintage dress
and another with matching hat!
(I know ... I'm insane!  But I had so much fun)
Do you recognise any of the fabrics?

Then I happened to pick up a baby doll stroller and carry cot for $3 at a local garage sale.
(I know - I was like - the universe is totally providing!)
The seat needed repairing on the stroller so I went all out and re did the whole thing in a 1950s floral fabric sample a friend had given me!
so cute
Our lovely neighbours organised their handyman "Pop" to build the cutest wooden cradle and I whipped up a patchwork quilt, sheet, pillow and mattress made from all my fabric scraps!

(Look at that sweetpeas wittle face.  That doll hasnt left her side since Monday.)

and still there is more ...


Ma and Pa are here from NZ and Nana knitted Nikita's doll some cardy's and beanies. 
Yay for Nana the knitter!
There is much more to show and tell but I havent quite finished all my projects or photographed everything so you will have to wait till next time ok petals.

These last few weeks have also been filled with

1.   a weekend away in Rutherglen for the Day on the Green
2.   a speed trip to Melbourne to do an IKEA run
3.   a major re-organisation of bookshelves
4.   a trailer load of crap to go to the tip
5.   a 4WD trip for hubby and kids
6.   organising a party for Miss 4 year old
7.    a trip to the airport to pick up Nan and Pop
8.    a reptile show
9.   Nikita's birthday party (a really lovely low-key party with her 3 closest girlfriends)
10.   and sadly a snotty case of Sinusitus just to remind me I need to slow down and take care of myself a bit better!

Never fear though lovies I am still here and there is more to come!
Hope you are all having a fabulous week where ever you are,
Dee xox


12 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fab mum you are! I bet Nikita was thrilled :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one well-dressed Baby Born! With fantastic accessories too!
    Nikita is adorable, she looks SO happy with her new baby.
    You HAVE been busy, hope you feel less snotty soon! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best dressed doll this side of the 1970s! What a beautiful little girl Nikita is, hope she's giving Mummy lots of love whilst she's poorly! Get well soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Well done! Dolls look so much better when they have been loved a little, and the little vintage sundresses, love them, Iwant one. I am just about to embark on a retro dolls cradle makeover. Happy birthday Miss 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Well done! Dolls look so much better when they have been loved a little, and the little vintage sundresses, love them, Iwant one. I am just about to embark on a retro dolls cradle makeover. Happy birthday Miss 4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Well done! Dolls look so much better when they have been loved a little, and the little vintage sundresses, love them, Iwant one. I am just about to embark on a retro dolls cradle makeover. Happy birthday Miss 4

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all your lovely comments! Nikita sure is one happy little munchkin. I think her Mummy got just as much of a kick out of making Baby Dolls outfits as Nikita is playing with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Dee, you have been a busy mum......love that little seer sucker dress and all the other outfits you made. I'm surprised you didn't make a matching outfit for Miss 4........she must be one very happy gal, with all those lovely crafted pressies.

    Hope you are feeling better and enjoying time with parents and this stunning Autumn weather.......now that the smoke has cleared!!

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - you are Wonderwoman! The doll's clothes are super cute - I love the dress made from my FAAAAAAAVOURITEST fabric best - and the little knitted goodies from Nana are lovely. What a gorgeous gir - happy birthday from Aunty Sarah! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fashionable doll she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful vintage dresses!...very lucky daughter!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so leave yours here and I will endeavour to reply as soon as I can............

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...