Apologies from camp "one denim bird" life just gets away on me at times and making time to update my blog seems to be getting harder and harder!!!
Since finishing that dress I have been secretly preparing for Miss Nikita's 4th birthday. She took a liking to her besties Baby Born doll, who was allowed to come have a sleep over for 5 nights, so I decided to get one for her for her birthday, only to discover they are a whopping $60-70. WTF??
Being the bargain hunting girl that I am I purchased a preloved one on ebay for a mere $20 and then got down and dirty and crafted said doll a few outfits!
a seersucker jumpsuit
a lil pair of PJ's
a seersucker dress
another vintage dress
and another with matching hat!
(I know ... I'm insane! But I had so much fun)
Do you recognise any of the fabrics?
Then I happened to pick up a baby doll stroller and carry cot for $3 at a local garage sale.
(I know - I was like - the universe is totally providing!)
The seat needed repairing on the stroller so I went all out and re did the whole thing in a 1950s floral fabric sample a friend had given me!
Our lovely neighbours organised their handyman "Pop" to build the cutest wooden cradle and I whipped up a patchwork quilt, sheet, pillow and mattress made from all my fabric scraps!
(Look at that sweetpeas wittle face. That doll hasnt left her side since Monday.)
and still there is more ...
Yay for Nana the knitter!
There is much more to show and tell but I havent quite finished all my projects or photographed everything so you will have to wait till next time ok petals.
These last few weeks have also been filled with
1. a weekend away in Rutherglen for the Day on the Green
2. a speed trip to Melbourne to do an IKEA run
3. a major re-organisation of bookshelves
4. a trailer load of crap to go to the tip
5. a 4WD trip for hubby and kids
6. organising a party for Miss 4 year old
7. a trip to the airport to pick up Nan and Pop
8. a reptile show
9. Nikita's birthday party (a really lovely low-key party with her 3 closest girlfriends)
10. and sadly a snotty case of Sinusitus just to remind me I need to slow down and take care of myself a bit better!
Never fear though lovies I am still here and there is more to come!
Hope you are all having a fabulous week where ever you are,