Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It's official .... I am an Addict!

A

!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I knew I had a serious case of the vintage sheet collecting kind but apparently I've gone over and beyond a mild interest!

While on our 4 night/3 day break down the coast I managed to scour not one, not two but NINE op shops!  I had ear-marked 10 - and don't worry I was busting my boiler to get to every one, only to find that St Brendon's Opportunity shop (my last port of call) was closed on a Saturday morning! 
The bloody cheek of it!

I have come to the conclusion that there can't possibly be anyone in East Gippsland with a passion for vintage sheets as I do, as here is a sneak peek at what I managed to score!


I also managed a good haul of pillow slips as well for vintage lovin craft!


I could have come home with much more but I was a bit picky and choosey!  Two op shops I visited had back walls full to the brim with sheets!  I was in heaven.  Like a mad woman possessed! 
And, I think I even convinced my Grace (12) of the pleasures of op shopping (and) re-crafting/styling at home!  (It's taken me a while!!!)  She is currently going through a "surf wear brand" stage!  I am trying to teach her if she finds a pretty fabric or top at the op shop and re crafts it she can have the look she's after at a fraction of the cost!  (and still have savings in her bank account!)
We have a mum/daughter project going at present to find pretty floral fabrics (of her choice!)  and make them into singlet tops with a lace (or doily) insert!  These babies are over $50 at the surf shops!  I am envisioning one made at home with love for around $2-5.
(we will keep you posted!)

Aside from that we had a great time, camping, fishing, eating, exploring and op shopping.  (although my body is finding the thin self inflating mattress a little unbearable whilst camping and am feeling the need to upgrade to "Glamping"!!! )

Happiness to you all,

Dee x0x


17 comments:

  1. So glad you had a lovely time - and just look at all of that splendid linen love!!! Oooh I wish I would hurry up and get a job so I can order one of your amazing frocks! (You're a better woman than I - you could not pay me to go camping.)

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes are 'huge' at the wonder of all those fab sheets & pillowslips ;-)
    I even saw one in particular that I remember from childhood...the big pink/purple floral with bright green leaves...very noice!
    How do you find the sheet/pillowcase prices in Vic op-shops? I find them pretty outrageous in SE Qld.
    Now that is my idea of a holiday...country op-shops & camping...Dad, we're coming to see you (Loch Sport)...hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dee it's the best collection ever!!!! So so happy you found such wonderful pieces.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have some great chairty shops for vintage sheet collecting were lucky if we find one sheet in say 10 shops. Enjoy them, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I am in love with your vintage sheet collection! Sounds like you had a great holiday too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOW!! You did so well, I love the bright prints!!! Sounds like it was a good trip. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant pass up on lovely vintage sheets either

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh such wonderful prints! I thought I'd done well to find ONE 70s floral sheet in a charity shop last week, but you hit the motherlode! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful time recharging those batteries.
    What an insanely fab selection of sheets, I'd be in dressmaking heaven with those beauties!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness. these are AMAZING! i am totally jealous! great haul!

    Kel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you well and truly found enough to keep you busy sewing for ages Dee!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dee

    I just saw your blog come up in my stats, and I remembered following you. I've just checked my dashboard and you're not on it (although I show up in your follower) - I don't get your posts! I am going to try and unfollow and refollow - don't know what the problem has been.

    Lovely fabric stash by the way!

    ***Faith Hope and Charity Shopping first blogiversary giveaway open now***

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness!!!! I can't believe your success! I think I've only ever found two vintage sheets! They are fantastic and SO MANY! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

    ReplyDelete
  14. your fashion ideas are great!

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. FANTASTIC sheets! They are awesome! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love all your vintage florals. i am an addict too. you have tonnes of prints i haven't seen before. lovely blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am both in awe, slightly envious and happy for a fellow vintage sheet lover scoring such an awesome haul!! wow!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments so leave yours here and I will endeavour to reply as soon as I can............

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...